Try this tasty Cottage Pie, this meal takes a little longer 30-40 minutes (including prep), but it’s definitely worth it, with plenty of flavour.
Just follow the instructions below and you can have an easy healthy cheat meal in no time.
Ingredients List (Feeds 4)
- Low calorie cooking spray/oil.
- 1 Large onion (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Red Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Green Pepper (Chopped)
- 750g Lean Beef Mince (5% fat or Less)
- 400g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Tomato purée
- 1 tsp Dried mixed herbs
- 1 Beef stock pot
- 1kg Sweet potatoes
- 200g Fat-free natural fromage frais
- 160g Reduced-fat cheddar cheese (Grated)
- This meal can also be served with vegetables of your choice.
Macros for one person
Stage 1 – (15-20 mins)
- Spray a pan with low calorie cooking oil, then add the onion and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Then add the mince beef and cook until the mince is brown, while the beef is cooking add the beef stock pot.
Stage 2 – (15-20 mins)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- While you are cooking your onions and peppers, peel the potatoes ready to boil them in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 15 to 20 minutes.
Stage 3 – (5-10mins)
- Once the mince is cooked add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and herbs.
- Allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes while you drain the potatoes.
- Add the fat-free natural fromage frais, mash until smooth and set aside.
Stage 5 – (10-15 mins)
- Put the beef mixture into an oven proof dish and spread the mash over the top, then sprinkle your grated cheese on top to your preference.
- Place into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the top in golden brown. Then its ready to serve, Enjoy!
Let us know what you think in the comments section/on our Facebook and Instagram pages!
For exercise demonstrations, check out our FREE app (click the picture below) to view videos, pictures and exercise cues for over 250 exercises!
If you liked the blog, comment, share and subscribe to our mailing list on our website for more quality information every week.